Problems arise between business partners and to solve the crises one has to secure the services of a litigation lawyer like Karl Heideck. As a business owner, it is important for you to know the litigation process and how it works.
Litigation is the process of taking a legal action- a lawsuit. In a litigation process, there is a plaintiff who files the lawsuit and a defendant who is accused. Now in any litigation process, there must be;
* Pleadings; this is where the plaintiff is given the chance to explain the reason behind the lawsuit. You as the plaintiff you must indicate what the plaintiff did or failed to do. In the same way the defendant is given an opportunity to file their answer in response to the lawsuit.
* Discovery; this is where both parties collect the relevant information. Your litigation lawyer is involved in this process.
* Trial; here both parties will present evidence to support their cases. Before the trial, you will have to submit a brief to the judge outlining the arguments and evidence that will be submitted to the court. The verdict is then issued after the trial is complete.
There are also other alternative solutions that you can go for. There is, settlement or mediation that you can choose too.
The Roadmap to Becoming a Litigation Lawyer
If you want to join Karl Heideck as a litigation lawyer, you need to fulfill the requirements;
* Earn your bachelor degree
* Take the admission test for the law school
* Earn your law degree
* Get the necessary license
* Find a job
About Karl Heideck
Karl Heideck is known as one of the top litigation lawyers, and it all started in 2010 when he joined the Conrad O’Brien as an associate. This was right after Karl Heideck finished his law studies at the Temple University James E Beasley School of Law. He also did his Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature from Swarthmore College
Karl Heideck worked at Conrad O’Brien for eight months before joining the Pepper Hamilton LLP as a project manager. Karl was with the company for three years when he left in 2014.
Today, Karl works as a contract attorney at the Hire Counsel. He joined the company in 2015. In the course of his career, he has developed different skills including mediation and arbitration, employment law and civil litigation among others.
Click here to read more about Karl Heideck.